Here at HWBOT we try our best to deliver a fair and enjoyable playing field for all those who participate in the rankings and competition. To be able to provide this kind of service we have tried to design some submission and general rules to help remove any doubts about whether something is allowed or not. Based on continued experience these rules will be updated, expanded and completed as time goes by. Please check back for any updates.
About the MSI MOA 2012 APAC Qualifier competition
Round 3 of the MSI MOA (Master Overclocking Arena) qualifiers starts on June 15 and allows the top overclockers in the Asia-Pacific region to battle it out for a ticket to Taiwan. During the qualifiers, which have seen many new records so far, the overclocking experts from the Asia-Pacific region compete for eight tickets to the MOA 2012 grand finals to become the master of the “Steel World” competition!
The annual overclocking competition MOA (Master Overclocking Arena) 2012 held by the world’s leading mainboard and graphics card manufacturer MSI, has held regional qualifier competitions since April to select powerhouse overclockers to compete in the annual worldwide Grand Final. After the Americas regional qualifier and the EMEA regional qualifier have successfully ended, the Asia-Pacific regional qualifier battle is about to begin; the competition will go on from June 15 to July 12, overclockers can participate in the competition with any model of MSI mainboard and graphics card, but is limited to a single CPU and GPU. The competition events include 3DMark11, 3DMark03 and SuperPI 32M; the first round of elimination will occur on July 5, and only the top 15 competitors can continue into the final week of the competition. The top four winning participants can team up and advance to the MOA 2012 Grand Final. Overclocking experts of the Asia-Pacific region: hurry up and prepare your tools and show us what you got!
|How to WIN||Provider||Prize||MSRP||Info|
|Winner||MSI||MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan||Priceless|
|Runner-up||MSI||MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan||Priceless|
|Second runner-up||MSI||MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan||Priceless|
|4th||MSI||MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan||Priceless|
|5th||MSI||MSI Z77A-GD80 Mainboard||USD $270||Link|
|6th||MSI||MSI Z77A-GD65 Mainboard||USD $190||Link|
|Lucky Draw (x2)||MSI||MSI R7770 Power Edition 1GD5/OC Graphics Card||USD $149||Link|
- Start: June 12, 12AM GMT+2
- Elimination: July 5, 4PM GMT+2 (top-15 overall continue)
- End: July 12, 4PM GMT+2
- 3DMark11: 60 - 43,2 - 38,4 - 36 - 33,6 - 31,2 - 28,8 - 26,4 - 24 - 21,6 - 19,2 - 16,8 - 14,4 - 12 - 9,6 - 7,2 - 4,8 - 2,4 - 0 - 0 - ...
- 3DMark03: 25 - 18 - 16 - 15 - 14 - 13 - 12 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 0 - ...
- SuperPI 32M: 15 - 10,8 - 9,6 - 9 - 8,4 - 7,8 - 7,2 - 6,6 - 6 - 5,4 - 4,8 - 4,2 - 3,6 - 3 - 2,4 - 1,8 - 1,2 - 0,6 - 0 - 0 - ...
- Only use motherboard manufacturered by MSI.
- Only make submission with a MSI videocard.
- Use 1 videocard core(s) in total.
- Use 1 processor(s).
- Only members of APAC may participate.
- employee (either full-time or part-time) of any motherboard manufacturers is not eligible for the contest.
- participance is according to the participant’s nationality. Ex: a citizen of Canada can only participate at the America Region Qualifier.
- Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.
- A verification screenshot is required.
- A verification link is required (systeminfo must be available!)
- Must use official competition background: click
- Not allowed: engineering samples, Lucid Virtu MVP, hardware that is not commercially available at the beginning of the competition
- Screenshot must contain: CPU-Z CPU tab, CPU-Z mainboard tab, CPU-Z memory tab, GPU-Z (if 3D benchmark), benchmark (subtest) score(s) and settings, official MOA background
- The following system components may not be shared between individual MOA participants: CPU, memory or graphics card.
HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject any submission with no prior warning. HWBOT and MSI will not go in discussion regarding the final ranking of the competition. Any decision by the competition organiser is final. HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to request full explanation on how a benchmark score was obtained. If the participant refuses to provide full explanation or the explanation does not prove to be sufficient, HWBOT and MSI reserve the right to reject the score.
For questions, remarks, suggestions or other feedback regardin the MSI MOA 2012 campaign, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MSI MOA 2012 Grand Final Roadmap
|13 April 2012 - 11 May 2012: MSI MOA 2012 AM Qualifier|
|18 May 2012 - 14 June 2012: MSI MOA 2012 EMEA Qualifier|
|28 September 2012 - 28 September 2012: MSI MOA 2012 Grand Final|
|15 June 2012 - 12 July 2012: MSI MOA 2012 APAC Qualifier|
|27 July 2012 - 23 August 2012: Futuremark Lords of Overclocking 2012|
|28 September 2012 - 30 September 2012: MSI MOA 2012 Grand Final Online Battle|
- MSI MOA 2012 APAC Qualifier is closed since 12 July 2012.
- This competition is between Members.
This competition is closed. You can no longer join.
These are the members which where ranked in the top 15 at the time the elimination round ended, and may continue submitting:
#1 - Winner: MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan
#2 - Runner-up: MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan
#3 - 2nd Runner-up: MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan
#4 - Fourth: MOA 2012 Grand Final ticket to Taiwan
#5 - fifth: MSI Z77A-GD80 Mainboard
#6 - Sixth: MSI Z77A-GD65 Mainboard
2x Lucky draw: MSI R7770 Power Edition 1GD5/OC Graphics Card